Wednesday, January 23, 2013

GPO Preferences: Scheduled Tasks not appearing

Recently, I was required to create scheduled tasks for Windows 7 computers through GPO.

I did it through GPO:


But, the task was not appearing on the target workstation, no matter what.

After checking everything, I changed the logon credentials.By default tasks configured via the Computer section of Group Policy will run as %LogonDomain\%LogonUser%. But I changed it to BUILTIN\SYSTEM.

It's wrong. It should be NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM, which works perfectly. The task appears on the target computers.

6 comments:

  1. I've been chasing this for 2 days now, this was exactly my problem. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, that solved the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having the same issue, but this is already done. When I log on as a normnal domain user, the scheduled task does not appear. If I log on as a domain admin, the task appears.

    I'm starting to go mad trying to figure this out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi , I'm also facing facing issue , please help asap.
    When I log on as a normnal domain user, the scheduled task does not appear. If I log on as a domain admin, the task appears.

    ReplyDelete